I cant find my other sock

Sunday, August 13, 2006


Ok so here goes. I have to admit that reading some of the posts of you bloggers who have been around a while leaves me feeling a bit unworthy. It is however comforting to find there are others in the world (the crazy place it can be) who are like thinkers.
I guess I can intoduce myself - I wear a lot of different hats - first and most importantly I am a Catholic wife (soon to be wife of Deacon) and mother of four amazing children. Those of you that are Moms or Dads know all the other roles that come with that - cleaner - comforter - counsilour and at times just plain dictator.
Currently my second hat is college student - Im a senior - yeah!! although being almost finished is of little comfort when you are persuing teaching - school will be my life both in job and professional development. I am also a catechist - though currently on sabatical.
The other roles - daughter, sister, friend all make my life very rewarding.
Anyway I dont quite know what my writings will cover - although faith, family, art, and education all come to mind.
Im reserved but excited about joining the blogosphere and hope to search out more of you and see what you have to say.
I will also take the opportunity to share some of my art. Here is a depiction of the crucifixion that I recently created in a printmaking class.
Be Well

12 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger H.M. said...

    Welcome to the blogosphere. I was directed here by your brother Mark. I look forward to your reflections.
    Peace
    A. Hanson
    http://tothequiet.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1:30 PM , Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

    Hi Bernadette,

    The trick with blogging is to try not to edit yourself too much. I started my blog almost three years ago and got so self concious about it I ended up abandoning it for 2 years. Then, last fall, decided 'to heck with it' and just started writing.

    I am a mom, too, by the way, so I think I understand your blog title, LOL!!!

    Welcome.

    (PS: I, too, wandered over from Mark's place.)

     
  • At 2:04 PM , Blogger Garpu said...

    Hi! Also wandered over from your brother's blog. Gorgeous print!

     
  • At 7:55 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

    Welcome to the Blogosphere! I, too, visited as the suggestion of Mark. Look forward to having you among us bloggers!

    Peace,
    Lisa

     
  • At 3:16 AM , Blogger leonora said...

    Welcome to the blogosphere! My blog is mish mash of musings. Right now my posts are sporadic since it's summer break and most of my posts tend to be about my interaction with middle school students. Congratulations on choosing to be an educator.

     
  • At 6:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    welcome to the family.

    Soon to be Mrs Deacon, and graduate how cool is that? I have a friend who is a permanent deacon and I am in awe of his gifts for ministry. Did you do all of the formation with your husband or was your formation less involved?

     
  • At 7:29 AM , Blogger Ad Mejorem Dei Gloriam said...

    Good to have you in the fold! That is a beautiful crucifix, and I can tell you are a good writer. Looking forward to your stories.

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Jim Oswald said...

    Hi there. . I am certainly a fan of your brother's blog (miss it much), but looking forward to reading yours. . I am a practicing Catholic, 40something dad of two (husband of 1), living in Los Angeles, and hoping to be a catechist at my daughter's CCD class. . .I am very interested in any good source info ("How to") you might direct me to. . .the wonderful catechists at my daughter's school are lovely, 60+ women who are reading from a book and not engaging the 7 year olds at all. . I have volunteered to help out and just would like some good reference material to use. . any ideas? I can understand how busy you are (mother of four!). .drop a note when you can. AMDG. Jim

     
  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    I love your blog title. Wherever your other sock is, it's with about eleventy bazillion of mine. I really like your art, too. I'm a longtime blogger, a Catholic mom, and a writer but one of the highlights of my life was as your sister's traveling partner in Rome and Spain! I'm a huge fan of your sister -- we bonded in 2000 over our mutual love of St. Ignatius. Your mom e-mails me sometimes too, so I'm basically like one of the family. Great to have you in the blogosphere!

     
  • At 6:05 AM , Blogger Amy Giglio said...

    What a great print!!

    So glad to see your blog up. Maybe when school slows down you can post some more. :)

     
  • At 7:37 AM , Blogger Kensy said...

    Welcome to the blogosphere. I guess I have the same problem as you do (though I did write considerably more as a senior!)

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Steve Bogner said...

    Welcome to blogging! Sounds like you have some interesting stories to tell :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home